The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse is a candlelit indoor theatre with a thrust stage which forms part of Shakespeare's Globe in London. It is designed to replicate the indoor playhouses of the 17th century. The first production performed at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, The Duchess of Malfi, took place on 15 January 2014.
- Full title:
- Photograph of the interior of the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Shakespeare's Globe, London
- 15 January 2014
- Photograph / Image
- Donald Cooper [photographer]
- Held by:
- Usage terms:
- Photostage image ID: 00075760
- Article by:
- Eric Rasmussen, Ian DeJong
- Deception, drama and misunderstanding, Shakespeare’s life and world
From the open-air Globe to the candlelit Blackfriars, Professor Eric Rasmussen and Ian DeJong explore early modern playhouses.